Thanks to modern medicine, women can enjoy a lot of treatments related to their reproductive system. There are all kinds of contraceptive methods, but at the same time, there are plenty of treatments for fertility. We live in a day and age when almost everything is possible from this point of view. A sexuallyactivewoman can avoid pregnancy for years if she takes her medication as instructed. On the other side,there are women who want to become mothers but can’t because of biological issues. They can enjoy treatments as well, and at the end, they get a baby.
However, there are more natural ways to achieve the things I mentioned above. Women who want to avoid pregnancy can do it naturally, and so do women who want to conceive. It doesn’t work in 100% of the cases, but it’s a pretty old method improved by modern technology. The method I am referring to is the measurement of basal body temperature.
What is basal body temperature?
Although I am a woman, I didn’t know about this until recently. To be honest, it never interested me, but it’s a thing that all women should be aware of. It can be used for both pregnancy prevention and ovulation detection. BBT is the body’s temperature when you wake up, but before making any kind of physical activity. You can measure it right before you get out of bed in the morning, just to ensure accuracy. Apart from having some changes in their levels of luteinizing hormone and consistency of cervical mucus, women experience this change in their temperature during their menstrual cycle as well. This change is used to indicate ovarian function.
Now, the difference is not significant. The temperature will be 0.2 – 0.5º C higher, at the most, and it will happen after ovulation. In a way, the rise in temperature confirms the fact that ovulation has happened.
The best way to keep a record of your basal body temperature is to use a basal thermometer. You can find it both in stores and online. They are not expensive, and they will give you a natural control over things. You can even chart the values to see if there is a pattern. If you find this pattern, you won’t have to check your temperature in the future.
The benefits of basal body temperature charting
Although some people may be skeptical about it, BBT is a pretty accurate method of birth control. Most women are on the pill or use other contraceptive means, but there are a few benefits to using BBT in your favor.
- ü Couples who are trying to conceive a baby will benefit from BBT charting by finding the patterns I was telling you about earlier. The pattern from cycle to cycle will not change without cause, which means that everytime the woman reaches ovulation, the chances of conceiving are very high. However, there is a major factor here that must not be overlooked. Charting is a useful tool as long as the cycles are regular. And even if the cycle is irregular, as long as ovulation is confirmed, you will know that pregnancy is possible.
- ü On the other hand, couples who want to avoid pregnancy can benefit from BBT charting as well. Again, it’s about finding the pattern. When the ovulation has passed, chances of getting pregnant are slim to none. Just to paint a clearer picture, 24 hours after ovulation, the chances of pregnancy are zero. That way the couple can resume their sex life, without worrying about a possible pregnancy.
One of the things that are worth mentioning here is that basal body temperature charting is not an exact science. With contraceptive pills, for example, you are 99% protected against an unwanted pregnancy. With BBT charting, the chances of getting pregnant can be as high as 20%. And I am not just saying that to scare you. There are studies which confirmthe uncertainty of this contraceptive method.
Types of basal thermometers
Since there are plenty of women who measure their BBT, you can find basal thermometers in different types, shapes, and sizes. There are two types of basal thermometers, digital, and glass. Each of them has its pros and cons.
The digital thermometer is the most popular among women. That is because itcan measure the temperature within 30 to 60 seconds. They usually come with a backlit LCD display that makes it easy for women to use in poorly-lit rooms. Also, they are pretty durable for such small things. However, the digital thermometer has a few drawbacks as well. For example, they use batteries as a power source, which means they need to be changed from time to time. Also, some of them are not waterproof, and they may display incorrect readings when the battery is about to run out. That may do some damage to your charting.
The glass thermometer is the most accurate means of taking temperature, and not only basal. It contains mercury, which is known for its properties regarding temperature measurement. Before the digital era, all thermometers were made with mercury. Keep in mind that mercury is toxic, so make sure to handle it with care. As for cons, the glass thermometer is more difficult to use than a digital one. It needs to be shaken before each use. Also, they can break easily if they are dropped.
What to consider when buying a basal thermometer
Since there are so many models available, you can’t just go and buy the first one you see. You need to consider some things. Otherwise, you may get a poorly constructed basal thermometer and a faulty BBT chart. Here is what you need to keep in mind.
- ü Memory recall – most models have this feature. They can record the last taken temperature and will display it next time you turn on the thermometer. It comes in handy if you cannot write down your temperature right away.
- ü Finish beep – if you don’t know when it’s done, how will you know to remove the thermometer? Pick a model that beeps when it’s done recording. They are pretty standard.
- ü Accuracy – I told you that the difference of temperature is not significant, which is why you need a highly accurate basal thermometer. Make sure that your choice can measure at least the 10th of a degree.
- ü Type – I already explained the difference between the digital and glass thermometer. Since you have all the information at hand, I think you can handle making a decision.
- ü Cost – depending on the brand, the price may vary. Renowned brands can have pretty big prices, like over 60$, but you can find a high-quality basal thermometer for as little as 20 or 30$. Just make sure to read about the product if you want a cheap version. You need to make sure that it won’t last just a few months.
What are the best basal thermometers?
Whenever I want to buy something I have never bought before, I read some online reviews about particular products. That is because I want to make sure that they function as advertised. It’s the same with basal thermometers. If you haven’t had one before, here are three models that I think will satisfy your needs and are very affordable.
iProven Clinical Basal Thermometer
This thermometer has been specially designed for recording basal body temperature. It is highly accurate,and it can read 1/100 of a degree. It doesn’t get any better than that. It is also referred as an Actual Body Temperature thermometer because it has a feature that can adjust according to your regular body temperature. The manufacturer warns consumers that this is not a medical contact thermometer, but a highly accurate tool that was designed to track ovulation. Personally, I can see why that is. Confusing the two is easy.
The reason why the iProven is called an Actual Body Temperature is that it has s sensor which will adjust to your basal temperature slowly and accurately. That means it has the ability to eliminate any guesswork. However, thanks to this sensor, the measuring takes up to a minute.
The advantages of this basal thermometer are that it can accurately measure your basal temperature, it beeps when it’s done recording, and you have the option of saving the last recording. The cons are that it doesn’t have a backlit display, so reading in dark rooms is impossible, and it records the temperature in Fahrenheit only. You don’t have the option of changing the value to Celsius. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Generation Guard Clinical Basal Thermometer
The basal thermometer from Generation Guard has plenty of useful features that will make BBT charting a piece of cake. It is entirely reliable, and it has an accuracy to 1/100th of a degree. As long as you take your basal temperature at the same time every day, you will be compiling the most accurate chart ever.
Using this thermometer, you will be able to monitor your cycles easily. It is designed for fast and precise monitoring, which makes it ideal for planning a pregnancy or avoiding one. It has a high level of sensitivity. When the device has done recording, it will make a soft beep that indicates that the test is complete. The process lasts somewhere between 60 and 120 seconds, depending on how warm is the tip and on your body’s resting BBT.
The LCD is easy to read, but it only gives the measurement in Fahrenheit. It is entirely waterproof for an easy and thorough cleaning and has amemory recall feature. If you hold down the power button, the thermometer will display the last recorded temperature. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
BabiCo Digital Basal Thermometer for Ovulation Tracking
Getting pregnant naturally will take less time if you use an ovulation tracker. This basal thermometer is one of the best ways to do it. It is highly accurate. Just like the other two models, it can record a 1/100th of a degree. It will pinpoint your ovulation time without issues, and you may get pregnant sooner.
What I like about this models is that it comes with a few useful bonuses, not just the thermometer itself. You will receive an eBook called ‘Harnessing Your Fertility,’ which will give you some pointers on how to make a BBT chart. You will also be able to interpret your basal temperatures and other fertility signs. You’ll receive three Wondfo pregnancy tests as well.
The design and functions are more that satisfactory. The tip is flexible, which means it will not break easily. The device is waterproof and has an easy to read LCD display. It measures the temperature in Fahrenheit only, and it can deliver fast results. The memory recall feature will allow you to see the last recorded temperature. For safe and sanitary keeping, please keep the basal thermometer in the clear carrying case. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
All three products described above will get you where you want to be. However, not all of them enjoy the same level of trust from my part. Although customers’ reviews say that they are all high-quality products, there can only be one that is the best. After considering all the factors, I reached the conclusion that the iProven is one of the best basal thermometers on the market. The feature that weighs in the most is the Actual Body Temperature. It makes me believe that its accuracycan not be topped by the other two thermometers.
A woman can go through a lot of emotions when something that she wants doesn’t happen and vice-versa, something that she doesn’t want to happen happens. There are plenty of methods that can eliminate all these emotions, but not all women agree with the use of medication for everything. And that is why they do things naturally. A basal thermometer will make a slight improvement to the whole natural process, one that can change everything. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Indisputable Reality About Best Thermometer That No One Is Sharing With You
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Body Thermometer and What You Should Do Today
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Fertility Thermometer
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Basal Temperature Thermometer and How to Avoid It
- The Undisputed Truth About Basal Body Temperature Thermometer That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Ovulation Thermometer
- The Bbt Thermometer Pitfall
- The 30-Second Trick for Basal Body Thermometer
- Magical Answers to Basal Thermometer Discovered
- Best Body Thermometer for Dummies
- Introducing Best Basal Thermometer for Ovulation
- The History of Thermometer Basal Refuted
- Magical Solutions to Thermometer Body Temperature Uncovered
- The Never Before Told Story About Thermometer Body That You Really Need to Read or Be Left Out
- The Lost Secret of Nexcare Basal Thermometer
- Buying Bd Basal Thermometer
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Where to Buy a Basal Thermometer
- Here’s What I Know About Where Can I Buy a Basal Thermometer
- Most Noticeable Pregnancy Thermometer
- The Secrets of Digital Bbt Thermometer Revealed
- The Fundamentals of Body Thermometer App Revealed
- What You Need to Do About Where to Buy Basal Thermometer Starting in the Next 4 Minutes
- The Mystery of Buy Basal Thermometer That Nobody Is Discussing
- Top Fertility Basal Thermometer Reviews!
- How to Choose Basal Thermometer for Ovulation
- What Everybody Is Saying About Where to Buy Basal Body Thermometer Is Dead Wrong and Why
- The Ugly Side of Thermometer Ovulation
- Top Guide of Thermometer for Ovulation
- Best Digital Thermometer Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- The Debate Over Best Basal Body Thermometer
- Top Body Basal Thermometer Secrets
- What You Need to Know About Basal Digital Thermometer and Why
- Top Body Temperature Thermometer Guide!
- The New Angle On Best Bbt Thermometer Just Released
- How to Find Digital Basal Thermometer